Many homeowners use propane to heat their home. A typical home equipped with propane heating and cooking appliances can use over 1,000 gallons of propane per heating season. A larger home equipped with propane heating, cooking, clothes drying, spa and swimming pool heating appliances, can use well over 2,000 gallons per heating season.
Heating your home with propane can be very expensive. Many homeowners are new to propane heating service and are not familiar with the process of selecting a propane supplier that will provide excellent service at competitive LP Gas Prices. Propane-Prices.com was created to help all homeowners that use propane fuel for heating understand the important topic of propane pricing. Saving money starts with monitoring the cost of propane. The propane cost information in this website is presented in ten sections:
- Frequently Asked Questions: Propane Pricing FAQ
- Tips to Lower Your Propane Cost: Propane Price Tips
- CheckPropanePrices.com Survey Data: Propane Prices
- Purchase Your Propane Tank: Propane Tanks For Sale
- Learn About Propane Buying Groups: Propane Buying Groups
- Weekly Summary of National Propane Prices: (Source EIA)
- Offseason Propane Service Checklist: Propane Service
- Propane Price Disclosure For Leased Tank Customers
- Propane Pricing Information for New Propane Customers
- Learn About Fixed vs. Variable Propane Prices: Propane Pricing Plans
We recommend that each section be read in the order presented above. The first section will provide a list of frequently asked questions regarding residential LP Gas Prices. The second section provides link access to our “Propane Price Tips” to help propane consumers obtain Propane prices that are highly competitive. The third section provides a link that will take you to the website “CheckPropanePrices.com”. This website provides a survey of Current Propane Prices shared by residential propane consumers across the United States. This is a great tool to compare the Propane prices paid by other propane consumers in your state/county. The fourth section provides information pertaining to purchasing a propane tank. The fifth section addresses propane buying groups. The sixth section will provide a brief summary of changes that have occurred to cost of propane across the United States during the past week (available Oct-Mar period only). The seventh section will take you to our “Offseason Propane Service Checklist” for propane service issues to address during the summer months. The eighth section addresses the issue of propane price notification for consumers that lease a suppliers propane tank. The ninth section provides very important information for new propane customers. The final section provides discussion on fixed vs. variable propane price plans.
Propane Prices Quick Summary (EIA Data – Price/Gallon)
- Mar. 16, 2015 – U.S. Avg. Residential Propane Price $2.34
- Mar. 09, 2015 – U.S. Avg. Residential Propane Price $2.36
- Mar. 02, 2015 – U.S. Avg. Residential Propane Price $2.37
Weekly propane price changes and ending propane price values are approximate. Periodically, propane prices will be retroactively adjusted week-to-week to reflect updated values.
Proceed to Frequently Asked Propane Pricing Questions